IEEE R10 Outstanding Student Branch Award
The IEEE R10 Student Branch Award is given to a student branch that has maintained membership, provided student members with opportunities to volunteer, and helped in promotion of IEEE and its mission. IEEE R10 recognizes the role of Student Branch in representing and fulfilling the needs of the members and the missions of R10 and IEEE. This award will help improve the membership, membership satisfaction and retention.
The purpose of this award is to identify Student Branch that has conducted quality events, workshops, projects, etc. for the benefit of students.
Only one IEEE Student Branch in Region 10 will be selected for this award in the award’s year.
- Any IEEE Student Branch within Region 10 is eligible to contest for this award.
- Outstanding initiatives and performance in organizing activities.
- This Student Branch must not have received the same award in the past five years.
- The Student Branch must have done at least four activities in a year for its members.
- Nominations should come from the Chair of the Student Branch with support evidences of branch’s achievements against selection basis given below.
- Respective Student Branch Counselor or Section SAC Chair must give an endorsement to the nomination with supporting comments.
Basis of Selection
- Member’s retention rate and growth in terms of Student Branch’s membership.
- Quality & amount of impact the activities of that Student Branch had on the Students within the Section, Council or Region.
- Number of students who took part in the activities held by the Student Branch.
The R10 SAC awards selection committee is composed of at least 3 members, 2 of whom are nominated by the R10 SAC committee and to be headed by the latter’s chair. The award selection committee reserves the right to present no award if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received. The decision of the award selection committee, as approved by the R10 Director, is final.
- Completed and endorsed nomination document Please download the nomination document from here.
- Student Branch Member Count from OU Analytics
- Student Branch Annual Plan from v.Tools
- Referee Reports (optional and should be in the form of a recommendation letter)
- Submission of nomination document and referee reports will be through an online system.
The winning Student Branch will receive an award plaque.
The award will be presented during the R10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with winner attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the award will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the R10 Annual meet.
R10 Student Activities Committee Chair will notify the result of selection by e-mail to individual award recipient. R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair will make an official result announcement to the Section/ Council Chairs and Secretaries, and also maintain a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
- Call for Nominations: 1 March 2020
- Nomination Deadline: 15 May 2020
Information & Enquiries
- The R10 Awards Committee Chair will issue a call for nominations as per schedule. The call will be sent by email to Section and Council Chairs for further distribution to members in their geographic boundaries.
- Information about the call for the nominations will be published in the R10 newsletter if its publication date matches the award schedule.
- Full information package about the award will be made available through online media such as R10 SAC website and social media.
Point of Contacts for further information and enquires:
—R10 Student Activities Committee (email@example.com )
—R10 Student Activities Committee Chair: Huynh Thi Thanh Binh (firstname.lastname@example.org )
—R10 Student Representative: Saaveethya Sivakumar (email@example.com )
—R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair: Elmer Dadios (firstname.lastname@example.org )