IEEE R10 2021 Special Call for Proposals related to CoViD'19
The COVID19 pandemic has affected the world in an unprecedented manner. IEEE R10 SAC gives a Special Call for Proposals related to COVID19 activities so that IEEE Students, Student Branches and Sections can contribute better for the society.
This initiative aims to provide funding for activities or ideas that contribute to solve or assist communities suffering due COVID19 crisis. For example, technical solutions such as assisting robots, building ventilators or 3D printing PPEs to social activities such as COVID19 awareness sessions and community projects.
Open to all IEEE Student Branches and Section Student Activities Committees of Region 10.
Proposals could be submitted by:
- Student Branch Chair for projects related to Student Branch COVID-19 initiatives.
- Section Student Activities Committee (SAC) Chair or Section Student Representative (SSR) for projects related to section SAC COVID-19 initiatives.
The projects can have any number of team members. However, all correspondence should be through Student Branch Chair or Section SAC Chair or SSR, who submits the proposal.
The proposal must be endorsed by IEEE Section Chair or Section Student Activities Committee (SAC) Chair or Student Branch Counselor.
One section is not allowed to obtain funding for multiple projects under the “R10 2021 Special Call for Proposals related to COVID-19” funding scheme.
The project proposal will be judged for the impact, technical, plan, output….
The judging panel/panels will represent a cross section of various disciplines within the IEEE. Members of the IEEE R10 Student Activities Committee are ineligible to serve as members of the judging panel.
A member of the judging panel may not evaluate a proposal from his/her own Section or educational institute. Judging panel members must declare any possible conflicts of interest when evaluating a proposal.
The decision by the judging panel, as accepted by the R10 Director, will be the final decision and no appeal against the decision will be entertained.
A total of 10 projects will be selected and 400 USD will be funded for each project.
The IEEE R10 Students Activities Coordinator will notify the result of winners by email to the R10 Sections, on the R10 Website and R10 Newsletter.
- Call for proposals: 31 March 2021
- Submissions Deadline: 15th May 2021
- Winners Notification: 15th June 2021
- Duration given to organise projects: 16th June – 31st August 2021
- Deadline for report submissions: Within one month from the date of event completion. Final date to submit all reports is 15th September 2021.
- Report evaluation period: 16th September – 30th September 2021
- Fund Transfer: Before 15th October 2021
Information & Enquiries
- Information about the Call for COVID19 Proposal will notify by email to the R10 Sections, on the R10 Website, R10 SAC’s website.
- Point of Contacts for further information and enquires:
R10 Student Activities Committee (email@example.com)
Reimbursement claims are only applicable for projects that are selected for funding. The funds will be transferred only upon receiving following items:
• Activity Report
• Finance/expense Report
• All Receipts
Please note that the reimbursement claim reports, and all receipts should be submitted by those who applied for funding during proposal submission stage.
Please download the proposal template form here.
Submit your proposals at: https://events.ieeer10.org/
You can find Portal User Guide here
For enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19 Awareness Task Force, IEEE NITK SB, Bangalore Section.
- Design and development of portable smart vaccine storage box using thermal energy storage system, IEEE SITCOE SB, Bombay Section.
- Auto -tuned Ventilator, IIT Mandi SB, Dehi Section.
- Pranayaan- Low-Cost Ventilator, IEEE SNIST SB, Hyderabad Section.
- 3D printed Face Shields for COVID Awareness Drives, IEEE SB Sukkur IBA University, Karachi Section.
- RoboSight-Assisting Robot, IEEE SB CEC, Kerala Section.
- EDDiE: Everyone Deserves Digital Education, IEEE Multimedia University SB, Malaysia Section.
- Wireless Pulse Oximeter, IEEE SB University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka Section.
- Inexpensive Chemical-Free Oxygen Generator with Adaptive, Smart and Highly Efficient Oxygen Delivery Device, JSSATE Noida SB, Uttar Pradesh Section.
- Smart Oxygen Production, IEEE SIRCRRCOE SB, Vizag Bay Section