IEEE R10 Outstanding Student Branch Award
The IEEE R10 Student Branch Award is given to a student branch that has maintained membership, provided student members with opportunities to volunteer, and helped in promotion of IEEE and its mission. IEEE R10 recognizes the role of the Student Branch in representing and fulfilling the needs of the members and the missions of R10 and IEEE. This award will help improve the membership, membership satisfaction and retention.
The purpose of this award is to identify the Student Branch that has conducted quality events, workshops, projects, etc. for the benefit of students.
Only one IEEE Student Branch in Region 10 will be selected for this award in the award’s year.
- Any IEEE Student Branch within Region 10 is eligible to contest for this award.
- Outstanding initiatives and performance in organizing activities.
- This Student Branch must not have received the same award in the past five years.
- The Student Branch must have done at least four activities in a year for its members.
- Nominations should come from the Chair of the Student Branch with support evidences of branch’s achievements against selection basis given below.
- Respective Student Branch Counselor or Section SAC Chair must give an endorsement to the nomination with supporting comments.
Basis of Selection
- Member’s retention rate and growth in terms of Student Branch’s membership.
- Quality & amount of impact the activities of that Student Branch had on the Students within the Section, Council or Region.
- Number of students who took part in the activities held by the Student Branch.
The R10 SAC awards selection committee is composed of at least 3 members, 2 of whom are nominated by the R10 SAC committee and to be headed by the latter’s chair. The award selection committee reserves the right to present no award if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received. The decision of the award selection committee, as approved by the R10 Director, is final.
- Completed and endorsed online nomination form.
- Student Branch Member Count from OU Analytics
- Student Branch Annual Plan from v.Tools
- Referee Reports (optional and should be in the form of a recommendation letter)
- Submission of nomination documents and referee reports will be through an online system.
- Please submit your nomination form here: IEEE R10 SAC Outstanding Student Branch Award.
The winning Student Branch will receive a cash prize of $500 USD and an award plaque.
Award will be presented to the attending Section Chair or representative at the R10 Annual General Meeting. Section shall then arrange to present the award to the award recipient(s) at an appropriate local Section event/ occasion.
R10 Student Activities Committee Chair will notify the result of selection by e-mail to individual award recipients. R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair will make an official result announcement to the Section/ Council Chairs and Secretaries, and also maintain a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
- Call for Nominations: 31 March 2023
- Nomination Deadline: 31 May 2023
- Evaluation period: 1 June to 31 July 2023
- Recipient Notified: By 30 September 2023
Information & Enquiries
- The R10 Awards Committee Chair will issue a call for nominations as per schedule. The call will be sent by email to Section and Council Chairs for further distribution to members in their geographic boundaries.
- Information about the call for the nominations will be published in the R10 newsletter if its publication date matches the award schedule.
- Full information package about the award will be made available through online media such as R10 SAC website and social media.
Points of Contact for Further Information and Enquiries:
- R10 Student Activities Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- R10 Student Activities Committee Chair: Jennifer Dela Cruz (email@example.com )
- R10 Student Representative: Warunika Hippola (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair: Dr. Jing Dong, email@example.com
- Cc. Ewell Tan at: firstname.lastname@example.org