IEEEXtreme is a global challenge where teams of IEEE Student Members proctored by an IEEE member and supported by an IEEE Student Branch solve a set of programming problems and compete against each other in 24 hours.
IEEEXtreme 2020 will take place on October 24th, 2020. Registrations start from August 3rd, 2020.
- Only IEEE Student and Graduate Student Members can participate
- Team of 3 members (IEEE Students & Graduate Students). Can include maximum of 2 Graduate Student Members only
- Each Team must have a proctor to supervise during the course of the event (24 hours)
- Proctor should be having Membership Grade higher than Student and Graduate Student Members. One team now can have multiple proctors also
- It is a virtual (online) competition, a venue/physical location should be decided where participants get access to the internet, must be equipped with at least one computer and provision for snacks and rest areas
- Proctor must be physically located within the venue all the times throughout the 24 hours
- Student Branches should support and help the participating team, helping in venues, promoting the competition and assisting in identifying proctors
- Student Branch can call all participants from nearby institutions and host the event at one place and provide refreshments and amenities required for the event
- Winning Team Members will get an all expenses-paid trip to an IEEE Conference of their choice anywhere in the world. The maximum value of this prize is $10000
- Runner up Team Members will get $400 each
- Third place Team Members will get $300 each
Top 100: All members ranked in Top 100 teams will receive a special IEEEXtreme Gift Bundle and an IEEEXtreme “Top Coder” T-Shirt