The IEEE R10 Student Branch Award is given to a student branch that has maintained membership, provided student members with opportunities to volunteer, and helped in promotion of IEEE and its mission. IEEE R10 recognizes the role of Student Branch in representing and fulfilling the needs of the members and the missions of R10 and IEEE. This award will help improve the membership, membership satisfaction and retention.
The purpose of this award is to identify Student Branch that has conducted quality events, workshops, projects, etc. for the benefit of students.
A total of three IEEE Student Branches in Region 10 will be selected and ranked first, second and third to qualify for the prizes.
• Any IEEE Student Branch within Region 10 is eligible to contest for this award.
• Outstanding initiatives and performance in organizing activities.
• This Student Branch must not have received the same award in the past five years.
• The Student Branch must have done at least four activities in a year for its members.
• Nominations should come from the Chair of the Student Branch with support evidences of branch’s achievements against selection basis given below.
• Respective Student Branch Counselor OR Section Student Activities Chair must give an endorsement to the nomination with supporting comments.
Basis of Selection
• Member’s retention rate and growth in terms of Student Branch’s membership.
• Quality & amount of impact the activities of that Student Branch had on the Students within the Section, Council or Region.
• Number of students who took part in the activities held by the Student Branch.
• Student Branch Membership statistics from OU analytics/SAMIEEE
• Endorsement letter from Student Branch Counselor OR Section Student Activities Chair
• Maximum Two Referee Reports (if required)
• Call for Nominations: 27th March 2019
• Submission Deadline: 27th May 2019
• Recipient Notified: August 2019
A total of THREE WINNERS will be chosen. The winners will be awarded with the following prize money and a certificate duly signed by the R10 Director and R10 Student Activities Chair
First Place- USD 300
Second Place- USD 200
Third Place- USD 100
The awards will be presented during the R10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with winners attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the awards will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the R10 Annual meet.
Information & Enquiries