The IEEE Region 10 Student Activities Committee (SAC) Volunteer Award is given to a member, including Student Branch Counselor & Section SAC Chair, who has been organizing activities and providing impetus to growth of student involvement for IEEE activities and events. These awards will help improve student member retention, recruiting new members and reporting from Student Branches & Sections.
The purpose of this award is to recognize the work done by an individual IEEE member to (a) service to members and (b) increase the student membership by conducting activities beneficial to student members.
Only one volunteer will be selected for this award in the award’s year.
• The nominee should be an IEEE member of any grade (including Student Branch Counselor & Section SAC Chair; and
other than IEEE Student Member) registered under the particular Section in R10, from where he/she is nominated.
• The individual should have made substantial contribution to the student activities.
• The individual should not have received the same award in the past three years.
• The candidate is working for the Section at the time he/she is nominated
• A member of the R10 SAC committee cannot be a nominee.
• Any IEEE member can nominate a candidate and self-nomination is NOT permitted.
• The candidate must have endorsement by the respective Section Chair for his/her nomination to be considered valid.
Basis of Selection
• Length of service to the Section.
• Leadership ability and support for the work of other members in the Section.
• Furthering the work and promoting the objectives of the IEEE and of Region 10 in general and of the Section in
particular at Section level.
• Endorsement Letter from section Chair
• Maximum Two Referee Reports (if required
• Call for Nominations: 27th March 2019
• Submission Deadline: 27th May 2019
• Recipient Notified: August 2019
One year IEEE membership subscription and a certificate of recognition duly signed by the R10 Director and R10 Student Activities Chair will be issued to the volunteer selected for the award.
The awards will be presented during the R10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with winners attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the awards will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the R10 Annual meet.
Information & Enquiries