IEEE Region 10 recognizes the importance of student volunteers and has established the Student Volunteer Award for those student members who have been outstanding student volunteer in their Section with demonstrated leadership skills.
The purpose of this award is to motivate student members and inspire them to take up leadership role by coordinating the student activities and representing student body at the Student Branch, Section, and R10 level.
Only one volunteer will be selected for this award in the award’s year.
• The nominee should be an IEEE student member registered under the particular Section in Region 10, from where he/she is nominated.
• The individual should have made substantial contribution to the student activities in their Student Branch and Section for fulfillment of one or more of the goals and/or objectives of region.
• The individual should not have received the same award in the past three years.
• Any IEEE member can nominate a potential candidate and self-nomination is not permitted.
• A short report from the nominated candidate is required, outlining his/her contributions to the Student Branch and Section.
• The candidate must have endorsement from his/her Section Chair OR Section Student Activities Chair OR Student Branch Counselor for his/her nomination to be considered valid.
Basis of Selection
• Leadership abilities and support extended to other volunteers in the Section
• Length of service to the Student Branch and Section
• Furthering the work and promoting the objectives of the IEEE and of Region 10 in general and of the Section in particular at Section level.
• A short report from the nominated candidate outlining his/her contributions to the Student Branch and Section.
• Endorsement Letter from Section Chair OR Section Student Activities Chair OR Student Branch Counselor
• Maximum Two Referee Reports (Optional)
• Call for Nominations: 27th March 2019
• Submission Deadline: 27th May 2019
• Recipient Notified: August 2019
One year IEEE membership subscription and a certificate of recognition duly signed by the R10 Director and R10 Student Activities Chair will be issued to the student volunteer selected for the award.
The awards will be presented during the R10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with winners attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the awards will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the R10 Annual meet.
Information & Enquiries