IEEE R10 SAC Outstanding Volunteer Award
The IEEE Region 10 Student Activities Committee (SAC) Outstanding Volunteer Award is given to an IEEE member of any grade, who has been organizing activities and providing impetus to growth of student involvement for IEEE activities and events. These awards will help improve student member retention, recruiting new members and reporting from Student Branches & Sections.
The purpose of this award is to recognize the work done by an individual IEEE member to (a) service to members and (b) increase the student membership by conducting activities beneficial to student members.
Only one volunteer will be selected for this award in the award’s year.
- The nominee should be an IEEE member of any grade registered under the particular Section in R10, from where he/she is nominated.
- The individual should have made substantial contribution to the student activities.
- The individual should not have received the same award in the past three years.
- The candidate is working for the Section/Student Branch at the time he/she is nominated
- A member of the R10 SAC committee cannot be a nominee, except for Student/ Graduate Student Members.
- Any IEEE member can nominate a candidate and self-nomination is NOT permitted.
- Candidate must have an endorsement by the respective Section Chair for his/her nomination to be considered valid.
- A candidate who is a student/ graduate student member shall obtain endorsement from Student Branch Counselor or Section Student Activities Committee Chair
Basis of Selection
- Length of service to the Section.
- Leadership ability and support for the work of other members in the Section.
- Furthering the work and promoting the objectives of the IEEE and of Region 10 in general and of the Section in particular at Section level.
The R10 SAC awards selection committee is composed of at least 3 members, 2 of whom are nominated by the R10 SAC committee and to be headed by the latter’s chair. The award selection committee reserves the right to present no award if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received. The decision of the award selection committee, as approved by the R10 Director, is final.
- Completed and endorsed nomination document. Please download the nomination document from here
- Referee Reports (optional and should be in the form of a recommendation letter)
- Submission of nomination document and referee reports will be through an online system.
- Call for Nominations: 1 March 2020
- Nomination Deadline: 15 May 2020
An award plaque will be awarded to the selected winner. One-year IEEE Membership fee (basic membership only) will be sponsored by R10 for the selected award winner.
The awards will be presented during the R10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with winners attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the awards will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the R10 Annual meet.
R10 Student Activities Committee Chair will notify the result of selection by e-mail to individual award recipient. R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair will make an official result announcement to the Section/ Council Chairs and Secretaries, and also maintain a record of award recipients on the R10 Website.
Information & Enquiries
- The R10 Awards Coordinator will issue a call for nominations as per schedule. The call will be sent by email to Section and Council Chairs for further distribution to members in their geographic boundaries.
- Information about the call for the nominations will be published in the R10 newsletter if its publication date matches the award schedule.
- Full information package about the award will available through online media such as R10 SAC website and social media.
Point of Contacts for further information and enquires:
—R10 Student Activities Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org )
—R10 Student Activities Committee Chair: Huynh Thi Thanh Binh (email@example.com )
—R10 Student Representative: Saaveethya Sivakumar (firstname.lastname@example.org )
—R10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair: Elmer Dadios (email@example.com )